Sunday, February 23, 2020

Ideas so far

Film openings usually consist of a time of two to sometimes even five minutes. As for the genre I choose, horror, there are a variety of paths to chose from. From an original slasher film, to paranormal activity, to even a zombie apocalypse movie, there are many paths to chose from in the horror genre. However the path that interests me the most is the choice of an original slasher. Overall my ideas consists of a typical killer who has his own unique motives and targets. Currently, my ideas of the killer is of a regular man that lives in a relatively secluded rural area. The opening will consist of darker lighting, specifically backlighting as well as spotlighting. In addition I will be  incorporating many specific shots and angles such as close ups, slow crane movements, zoom ins, over the should view, as for the angles, I would be using a dutch angle and high angles. The most ideal person for the role of the killer in my openings would be my brother, however this could be very risky. Due to the fact he is in college and we only have spring break together, this means I would have to film all the scenes he would be in a matter of one week. This risk in this is the fact that after filming everything and then when I begin editing if there is an issue with a scene or I don’t believe it is perfect enough I wouldn’t be able to reshoot it. My film opening is going to set the tone for the rest of my movie by using lighting to my advantage onto the killer creating tension and suspense, portraying the horror genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JqAlORpwKapVbAfVxmveDYpx_X5ZQldsL_9ANxq3Ul0/present?token=AC4w5VhdRKNKeSjbXf5NZnBl79jJR-TW4g%3A15891...