Monday, April 13, 2020

Ultimate Process

The process of the project was long. It started out with random ideas and then putting those ideas together to create a story. After that, I began drawing out a storyboard, which took two or three attempts until I was satisfied with the shots and angles as well as the story. The creation of the dialogue came next, for me, this was very short because I didn't want people really speaking in the opening of the film because there were characters that would never be seen again and for the serial aspect, it was to keep the mystery. I began sorting out location, weapon choice, and clothing. At first, I chose my friend's house because I visualized my storyboard being played out perfectly at that specific location. I began filming the first scene and had to stop after that because my brother was not in town yet and he was going to be playing the serial killer. Then this all came to an abrupt stop when corona spread and social distancing was in order. Thankfully I had already gotten enough takes with the people I needed before this all happened. I had to make many changes such as location. In addition, I didn't even have the ideal costume because stores were now closed, but again I adapted to this as well. This stopped me from shooting some scenes but I adapted. I began editing and realized how unsatisfied I was with the shots I took with my friends and wanted to reshoot some areas, however, this was not possible so I worked with what I had and edited the scenes. The scenes that were just of my brother portraying the serial killer, I was able to reshoot as many times as needed. I edited a little bit for many days and on the last day of editing, I added some sound effects and that was it, all of the videos were shot by me and are original, however, I did have to take a sound or two of the internet to complete the film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JqAlORpwKapVbAfVxmveDYpx_X5ZQldsL_9ANxq3Ul0/present?token=AC4w5VhdRKNKeSjbXf5NZnBl79jJR-TW4g%3A15891...