Thursday, March 12, 2020

Target Audience

Target Audience

Research
Typically the ages that are most attracted to the horror genre are younger, specifically for a slasher movie, ages would range from 17 to 25. Due to the fact, for my own personal movie, I would be incorporating the lives of teenagers, my horror film would attract an even younger auidence; for example, starting at around age 14 and reaching up till the age of 25 as well. Older ages usually do not enjoy watching horror movies because it is no longer exhilerating or adrenaline rushing for them.



Distribution
Due to the fact that my target audience is younger, the idealistic way to distribute my movie would be off of a media type platform, for example youtube. Teens now a days have almost every platform of meida imaginable, therefore the best way to advetise the movie would be to post about the release of the movie on youtube in other platforms such as instagram, twitter, or even creating an advertisment or trending filter that relates to the movie on snapchat.



Represntation
The sterotypical high schooler that is lazy and rebellious will be challenegd in my movie with hard working students that are responsible and just taking a day off and attending a party. The slasher in my film is also challenging the typical slasher character by having a somewhat reasonable motive, while most slashers just kill to kill, mine will have his or her own motives. I would like to add diversity to the cast, to create the snes of whoever you are there is no escape from this slasher. In addition, instead of having the casual ''dumb blond'' dying in the first two minutes of the movie, I would like to challeneg that sterotype by doing the exact opposite and creating '' the blonde'' as one of the most intelligent characters.





The Breakfast Club is an example of representing sterotypical high schoolers as '' the criminal'', ''the jock'', '' the nerd'', '' the quiet'', and '' the popular''. This is something I personally want to challenge in my film, to show the better more intelligent side of teenagers. I also think the fact that my characters will be smart and show responsibilty it will create more of a shock that the slasher is able to kill them and frighten the audience into thinking the killer is much more powerful then believed to be. It will also create a sense of '' if they could'nt escape, how would I be able to escape''.










No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JqAlORpwKapVbAfVxmveDYpx_X5ZQldsL_9ANxq3Ul0/present?token=AC4w5VhdRKNKeSjbXf5NZnBl79jJR-TW4g%3A15891...