Sunday, March 29, 2020

Foley

At the start of my editing process, I realize that specifically for my film opening the most important part of creating it would be editing. Now I am realizing the music and sounds that I will be inserting into the film is just as important. Due to the fact that my film opening is alluding to conflict and setting the tone for the rest of the movie sound is crucial in delivering the tone I want to deliver. One of my earlier on blogs I created was research on sound effects and one of my blogs was even the scary music I would be playing in the background. However, I didn’t realize the amount of small and extra sounds I needed to create the overall tone of the scenes. For example, simply the sounds of different animal noises, crickets, owls, or even the howl of a wolf. For the foley aspect of the film I would use the actual sounds of the knives and the feet walking in the grass or the gravel street, but create foley sounds for music playing that is heard from a distance. So for this my idea would be to play a speaker and just cover it with my hand, this will give the effect of what’s person would hear a couple houses down from the house playing the actual music. In addition to filling in scene s with music, I had an idea of adding suspenseful music at the end of a scene before it cuts increasing the volume then turning it off when the scene actually cuts to add the element of fear in the audience that something bad is about to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JqAlORpwKapVbAfVxmveDYpx_X5ZQldsL_9ANxq3Ul0/present?token=AC4w5VhdRKNKeSjbXf5NZnBl79jJR-TW4g%3A15891...